January 21, 2012

An Afternoon with Friends

Getting to know each other again.

Beautiful Blue Eyed Em

Poor Ezekiel is too polite to fight back.

Emmarie and her pretty Mommy

Beautiful feather flower, thank you Sherisa and Emmarie!
 We were so excited to have Sherisa, Broc, and Emmarie in town for the weekend. We got together for lunch and had such a great time watching the kids interact. This is one of the first times that we have had a chance to see Pepper around other kids close to her age since has become more independent and mobile. It was eye opening to say the least. To start the day out, at Sabbath School Pepper tried to steal Emmarie's pacifier. I blame that one on Jo's pacifier stealing game that he taught Pepper. Then at lunch I sat Pepper next to Emmarie for pictures and she promptly pushed her over backwards into the coffee table.  A little later Pepper pushed Ezekiel over onto the floor and pinned him. Even though Pepper is not yet old enough to comprehend the effect she has on others, these experiences did get me to thinking. How do we instill in Pepper the qualities of gentleness and kindness, and yet foster her independence and confidence? How do we guide her energetic personality to treat others with respect and love? I am sure that this is the toughest job of a parent and I am hoping that Jo and I learn quickly. We are lucky to have the "village" we have to help with this monumental task. In the meantime, we are blessed to have such understanding and good natured friends.

1 comment:

Sherisa and Broc said...

I am not worried in the least about Pepper having the traits of gentleness and kindness with you two as her parents! I think she will be (and is already) an exceptional child. Good to hang out with you guys!

Post a Comment