February 4, 2011

A Pleasant Surprise

13 weeks
10 weeks, thought I was big!
Jo really enjoys OB appts.
After the initial drama of learning I was pregnant and then the break in, I was ready for anything.  I thought for sure the "hallmarks" of the first trimester, nausea and emotional breakdowns, would soon begin, giving Jo and I daily reminders of my delicate condition. I had prepared Jo well and he spent the first few weeks watching me warily for any changes that might put him in danger of life or limb.  Either I am extremely blessed and did not exhibit the usual first trimester symptoms...or I was so emotionally unstable that I thought everything was normal when it wasn't. Jo can tell you if you really must know.  Besides a strong craving for citrus and a couple minor food intolerances, everything seemed normal. Not at all what I expected.
It was really cool to see the little one at the first ultrasound. It was a little thing but so cute already.  How does that happen? I am sure it is not parental bias... Jo and I were so excited to tell everyone that we send mass texts and calls right after we confirmed the tiny beating heart on ultrasound. This happened to coincide with a trip we took to a lookout in the middle of nowhere in Montana. Sorry to all those that tried to call us back all weekend...



Gem Peak Lookout






1 comment:

carl said...

I've always thought it would be sweet to stay in a lookout tower. The pictures confirm it! Awesome!

Post a Comment