Pepper is now growing so fast! She weighed in at 9 lbs, which is a 2 lb weight gain in two weeks. Sometimes in the mornings she looks bigger than she did the night before. Now that may be my sleep deprivation talking or maybe she really is growing while she sleeps. She is consistently sleeping a 4 hour block at night, and every once in a while a 5 hour block. It is so wonderful! This week was a busy one. Aunt Kitty Kat and Sebastian were visiting this weekend. She also had the honor of meeting Great Grandma Edna. Pepper is Great Grandma Edna's 48th great grandchild! We remind Pepper how special it is that she has three great grandmothers to get to know! While visiting great grandma, she also got to know Ezekiel a little better. I'm sure they will be the best of buds someday!
We also went to a shower honoring Scarlett and MacLaren, Jason and Lisa's twins. They are about 4 months ahead of Pepper and are so cute! I have a lot of respect for Lisa managing twins plus a toddler. It makes me want to take a nap just thinking about it!
I started running again... ok I admit it, it was a very slow jog. I felt pretty good so I went 3 miles and then walked the 4th. The next day I felt every muscle in my body, even muscles in my feet! It was so worth it! While Jo trains for the marathon at the Haulin' Aspen, I think I'll train for the 7 miler. I can't miss out on that awesome shirt!
The coolest newest thing that Pepper started this week is smiling! It is amazing to see that little face light up with a big smile. I can't get her to do it consistently at me, but she smiles every time at the animals that hang above her chair. She also often has smiles for the Grandmas. They are, after all, pretty awesome!
 |
| Catching a nap with Grandma Em |
 |
| Aunt Kitty Kat, so tan from a trip to Houston! |
 |
| Loving the walks and time with Dad. |
 |
| Great Grandma Edna |
 |
| Grandma Pat and Grandma Edna |
 |
| Contrast |
 |
| Zeke is so gentle...he has been taught well. |
 |
| Tickle attack! |
 |
| Jason and Lisa |
 |
| Scarlett |
 |
| MacLaren |
 |
| More Great Grandmas! |
 |
| Great Gumby |
 |
| Trying to catch her smiles. |
 |
| Great Grandma D |
2 comments:
Scarlett and MacLaren look like mini Lisa and Jason
I cannot believe how much different Pepper already looks since I saw her a month ago! She no longer looks like a newborn! She is just beautiful!!!
Post a Comment