 |
| Dad and Broc and the girls get ready to start. |
 |
| Sherisa and Jessica |
 |
| Zara and Chanelle |
 |
| The view of 50,000 people from the back, the stroller section. |
Running, walking, strolling Bloomsday has now become a yearly tradition. This year was Pepper's second Bloomsday. The weather was beautiful and the crowd was as happy as ever. It was so fun to meet up with Sherisa, Broc and Emmarie, Zara and Chanelle, and Robb, Jess, Zeke and Lincoln, and start together. I was not prepared to run it so I decided to chill out with the stroller crowd. I was picturing a somewhat leisurely stroll with popsicle and snack breaks. I was NOT prepared for "strolling" with my parents, especially my crazy dad. He normally has severe knee pain when walking due to his worn out joints, but when he pushes Pepper in the stroller it takes enough pressure off his knees that he has a lot less pain. So he speed walks, with an emphasis on SPEED. My mom and I kept up with him until the last two miles, when he easily pulled away from us. We had a great time and it was so fun to see Dad exercising with less pain. Jo ran with his Dad and they had a lot of fun too. Pat was a cheerleader this year as she nurses a sore knee back to health.
No comments:
Post a Comment