December 1, 2012

The Picture Keeping Curse

I don't know what else to call it. It must be a curse...
You may remember that this past summer I took a hiatus from the blog due to the loss of all my pictures when our new hard drive stopped working. In late summer I had started to get over the frustration of loosing the pictures and had started to blog again. Soon after, (early November) we moved into our new house. That was an incredible experience and I took many pictures of the adventure. Unfortunately, we found out the day we moved that due to permits we would not be able to have internet at our new house for "at least 45 days". So I took an involuntary break from the blog again. Later in November we took a fun trip to Cannon Beach for Thanksgiving with our Fackenthall family, which I faithfully documented with my camera.
All of those pictures were downloaded onto our old laptop that we have had for 7 years. It is the computer that was stolen from us in 2010, and the hard drive wiped, before it was recovered (yes, I lost all my pictures then). The laptop has not worked that well ever since it was stolen, which is why I had transferred pictures onto the external hard drive this past summer (the one that is now broken). So...the laptop died last week. Jo is still able to use it but he lost a lot of importance stuff...and I again lost pictures. GRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Now what? I feel like giving up. I have lost more pictures that I have saved over the past 8 years. Is it worth all the time it takes to take the pictures, sort them, edit them, compose the blog, etc?
I am not sure until I go back and look at the blog of Pepper as a newborn, or the blog from my brothers weddings, or the ones where Pepper is having fun with her Great Grandmas, or the video of her crawling for the first time.
After that I am sure. It is not easy to find the time, or the energy some weeks, but it is worth it.
So here I go again.
Thankfully, I still have our professional photos from pregnancy, baby Pepper, and her first birthday. These are some that always cheer me up when I am feeling blue.

 









1 comment:

Sherisa and Broc said...

Oh, I am cringing with you (about the picture loss). Such a bummer. One nice thing about blogging is that it gives you an online back up of the pics you put on it. Glad you are back at it!

Post a Comment