December 16, 2012
Christmas Cookies
This year I wanted Pepper to be able to decorate Christmas cookies and we also wanted to visit our neighbors with treats like we did last year. I ended up baking sugar cookies with lime glaze, which Pepper, mom and I decorated. Mom made ginger cookies and lemon cookies with a lemon glaze, and Pat made Russian tea cakes and mint brownies. The cookie "packages" turned out so nice! Jo's parents, my parents, Jo, Pepper and I then visited each of our closest neighbors to deliver the cookies and sing each a Christmas carol. We met some new neighbors that had moved in in the past few months and visited with other neighbors that have lived nearby for Jo's entire life. It always amazes me how friendly our neighbors are. Almost all of them invited us in and wanted to talk for a little while. It was such a fun night! We plan on making this an annual tradition.
1 comment:
Mmmmm. Wish WE were your neighbors.
Post a Comment