It may seem a little silly to be blogging about clothes but I have recently been feeling a special fondness for one article in particular. You see, when I was about 15 or 16 years old, my dad bought me a fleece. Now this was not just ANY fleece, it was a Patagonia fleece. Blue and black with shapes that I always thought were turtles, though I cannot prove it. I do have to admit that I did not fall in love with this fleece immediately. He had bought it on sale and so in my very immature teenage mind there was a mark of inferiority on it. Also, it was a pullover, so much more inconvenient than a zip up. At that time, I had no knowledge of the quality of Patagonia as a company. I wore it some but I let Carl borrow it often. My little brother had impeccable taste. Throughout the years that fleece has stayed around and my love for it has grown. It has been used and abused, and though it does not look quite as new as it did when I was 15, the seams are still strong and the snaps work well. Not only that but this fleece still fits me at 31, in my 9th month of pregnancy! So the moral of the story is that there are certain instances when it definitely benefits you to buy a quality, name brand product. Usually this is true when it comes to outdoor gear. I have yet to buy anything from Patagonia that does not last LONG TERM and they stand by that guarantee. My turtle fleece may even outlive me, and in that case, Pepper better take good care of it!!!
I wonder if I could get something free if I submit this to Patagonia....
1 comment:
Wow, that is quite a plug for Patagonia for sure! Love all the "vintage" shots, especially the one of Carl at the top. And that fleece is still looking great on you!
Post a Comment