August 4, 2012

Bend Weekend


Lounging on one of the decks

So fun to see Allison, Andrew and Nicole


Playing pool with Em

Sebastian had a blast in the mini pool

Sebastian was good at entertaining the girls

We congregated again in Bend this year for the Haulin' Aspen run. This trail run has now become an annual tradition and we happily have recruited a nice sized group. It is a fun run because there is a 7 miler, 1/2 marathon and full marathon, so every level of runner can participate. Also there are always some wonderful family members in the cheering section, which is very important! Besides us there were my parents, Jo's parents, Aaron and Nikki, Ralph and Heather, Allison, Andrew and Nicole, Sherisa and Broc and Emmarie.
The house that my Mom found for us to stay in was awesome! It was large with two levels and a separate TV/game room, lots of decks, and the kids favorite, a HUGE bathtub. The view was amazing as the house is up on a hill above Bend with a lot of large picture windows. There were so many places to relax, watch the Olympics, nap, and eat, it did not feel crowded even with a large group.  I think it was a unanimous vote that that this house needs to be reserved for next year. Great job Mom!
Unfortunately, when I returned home I realized that I hardly took any pictures. I think I was pictured out from the earlier part of our vacation. Sorry to not provide a picture of the view for you. This time you will just have to trust me...it was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment