August 3, 2012

On the Road Again


After unpacking, cleaning, organizing, doing six loads of laundry and repacking at Katrina's house, we started the next leg of our vacation. This time we were headed to Bend, OR for a long weekend and a trail run, the Haulin' Aspen. Sebastian came along with us because he was meeting up with Grandma Pat and Grandpa John, then heading with them down to California to visit Peter, Joy, and the girls.
This picture pretty much sums up how the traveling went. Pepper is a natural at being an annoying little sister. She was bugging Sebastian whenever she was not sleeping. Sebastian was quite good natured about it at first and would sweetly say, "No Pepper, no." When that did not work he would ask, "Can't you make her stop?". I had this weird deja-vue moment, remembering this exact scenario, except that I was that annoying little sister begging for attention. I think I remember my parents saying, "I can't wait until you have kids of your own....". The other part of the trip that brought back memories was when Sebastian started asking, "When are we going to get there?", before we were even one hour down the road. All kids are the same, and yes, I deserve some payback for all I put my parents through. Unfortunately for them, they did not have DVD players with headphones for us back then...

No comments:

Post a Comment