Our 3rd Haulin' Aspen race was so much fun! By fun, I mean that it was fun when the torture of the race was over... I have to admit that I was not prepared for this one. Thankfully, a few months before the race I decided to downgrade from a marathon to a 1/2 marathon. Even still, I was sorely regretting the one-run-a-week prep while struggling up the LONGEST hill, miles 5-7. It was also quite hot, which made the run even more challenging.
The finish line a welcome sight, with a great cheering section, good food and a cool stream to soak our feet in. I was proud of each person in our group for finishing, especially Sherisa who ran her FIRST race ever! Thank you to our support crew; Broc, Emmarie, Mom, Dad, Pepper, and Nikki.
I am already excited about next year's race. You should meet us there, the first weekend in August, 2013!
Thank you to Sherisa for the following pictures.
 |
| Aaron is so jaunty after 13 miles! |
 |
| John |
 |
| and Pat, winning awards as usual! |
 |
| So glad I made it! |
 |
| Pepper and Auntie Nikki |
 |
| Jo was a little tired from running so fast! |
 |
| Beautiful mom and daughter. |
first row:Aaron, Jo, P, me, Nicole, Allison
second row: Sherisa, Pat, John, Andrew, Ralph
No comments:
Post a Comment