November 27, 2011

Carl and Mindy Canwell-11/27/11-

Last minute bridesmaid prep

Coaching the flower girl

Staying focused before the show



Mindy was so beautiful!

The day of the wedding dawned sunny and warm. It was perfect! The wedding party gathered early to gaze at Mindy in her beautiful dress and to take pictures. The pictures are going to be awesome! Most were taken at a nearby park in an outdoor amphitheater. We took over the stage...and sometimes the seats. We did have to kick some loitering teenagers off the stage temporarily but all in all it went very smooth. Here is a random picture of the Redlands Bowl amphitheater that I found.


After pictures we had some time to chill before the wedding started. I had fun gazing at my cute little girl all dressed up. She had been given the red and black dress before she was born. It ended up matching their colors perfectly! She was great at the wedding. Happy before, sleeping during, happy after. The only time she was really grumpy was when we were posing for the professional pic of our family with Carl and Mindy. Sorry about the crying child in the middle of the picture... 




Jo and Pepper both needing some soothing before the ceremony.

Mindy's cousins who are also quadruplets. Very cool kids!


The family gathers

The other newlyweds
I was surprised at how much family we ended up having at this wedding. It was a mini reunion with some family we don't get to see very often. I feel bad that I did not get more pictures of everyone. It was busy!
The ceremony turned out perfect. It was not too long, which I appreciated since my feet were killing me! The highlights for me included Todd (Mindy's brother) taking over flower girl duties, tossing petals out of a cute little satin basket, when Felicity lost it just prior to walking down the aisle. Also when Mindy was being given away to Carl at the end of the aisle, they had both immediate families gather together, around the couple, for a family blessing. It was neat to have that representation of the importance of family support. None of us could make it without the support, love, encouragement, etc. of our families. Carl and Mindy are starting off their marriage celebrating this relationship. Very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment