November 26, 2011

Time to Chill



After all the excitement with Thanksgiving and wedding prep, we were in need of a day to relax. We were excited to have Erin drive down from 29 Palms so that we could spend a little more time with her. She is without Ben for a number of months while he is in Afghanistan. I really don't know how she does it, but she says she stays VERY busy. We met for breakfast and spent a lot of time visiting. It was so nice!



Next we convinced Nikki to walk downtown with us. We perused all the cool little vintage shops and Pepper took a long nap.





We stopped to rest at my favorite frozen yogurt shop. I had raspberry, tart, and pink lemonade with fruit on top. Pepper looked and jumped, and got to wear a bougainvillea blossom. They were blooming all over and were so pretty! I wish that I could grow them here.


Much to her delight, on the way back we let Pepper kick her feet in a fountain for a little while. She would have gone in up to her waist if we let her! We said good-bye to Erin and can't wait until next time we can get together, when Ben is home. We are so blessed to have such awesome friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment