May 22, 2011

The Destination is Worth the Journey

At the beginning.

Pepper on her way out.

Pale and not breathing. This is her being bagged to help her breath.

This is the color a newborn should be. Notice her amazing head.

Meeting Dad


Meeting Mom

Our whole family

7lb 2 oz "with 5 lbs of head" per Dr. Larson.

With Dad while I was in recovery for 3 hours. She cried the entire time.

Dr. Larson

So tired!



First Bath




3 chins, so cool!


I love kissing her.


Proof for Jo's siblings that he really does change diapers... even poopy ones!
Pepper was quite obliging, letting me have a wonderful nights sleep on Saturday night. On Sunday at 7 am labor began. It was not bad at first but the intensity grew. The epidural was awesome and worked perfectly, until they turned it off for more effective pushing. Unfortunately, my sacrum is pointed up. Not something you want to have if you are wanting the baby to exit. I put in a good effort, as evidenced by her poor molded skull after two hours of intense pushing. The end result was a c-section. How blessed I am to live in a time where moms and babies survive despite uncooperative sacrums. The day was not an easy one for a number of reasons, but by far the hardest part was waiting out the silence after they removed Pepper from my body. It did not last long, but it felt like FOREVER until we heard that little cry. Jo and I are incredibly excited to be the parents of Pepper Ricia Em Fackenthall. She is perfect, of course.

2 comments:

Sherisa and Broc said...

Tears of joy after viewing these....need I say more. She is perfect indeed. Can't wait to meet her in person.

carl said...

Yah for Pepper!

Post a Comment