May 4, 2011

The Foundation

Now, while I would love to compare building a house to Issac Assimov's Foundation Series, for the sake of those few who disdain science fiction, I will not. Instead, I will use a more agrarian metaphor; the foundation of a house is the root of a wheat stalk. Does wheat even have "stalks"? Anyway, there is a wheat field growing around the foundations of our house. The footings and walls of the basement have been poured and the house is taking shape, slowly rising from the ground (simile) like a stalk of wheat. The floor will be poured this next week, and soon the framing will begin! A slightly busy spring...but not too bad like a wheat stalk.





















If you only knew what it took to get the Bobcat in here...

Check out the gravel slide through the window

Mom and Dad lending a hand

Lee and Emily in their kitchen window


Checking out the under porch storage area

Emily is already planning...

No comments:

Post a Comment